Who else is overwhelmed with having to plan multiple meals, for multiple days a week?!
Meal planning during quarantine is a bit overwhelming. Especially, if you are someone who normally goes grocery shopping multiple times per week or gets food at work most days of the week. Now you need to plan multiple meals, plan days or weeks in advance (if you are doing food delivery or pick up), and deal with food shortages. So to make things a little less stressful I am sharing my…
TOP 4 MEAL PLANNING TIPS (When trying to limit grocery shopping trips!)
- KEEP IT SIMPLE
- Pick 3+ meals you repeat each week. (Examples: Taco Night, Pasta Night, Pizza, Sandwiches, Grill)
- Try switching up one thing ( i.e meat, vegetable, grain/starch) to keep dinners exciting and different.
- Pick one night to try a new recipe.
- The other nights might be take-out, or leftovers.
- MAKE DOUBLE BATCHES FOR LEFTOVERS
- More food = less cooking and meal planning! Have leftovers for quick easy lunches or dinners later in the week, OR freeze and eat another week.
- BUY A VARIETY OF PERISHABLE and NON-PERISHABLE FOODS
- Plan to use perishable foods the first half of the week and non-perishable foods ( i.e frozen/canned/dried foods) later in the week.
- This way food is less likely to go bad.
- BE FLEXIBLE
- Not every item you have on your list will be there. That’s ok! Pick out something else in that same food group, different brand etc. instead.